Bagna Cauda in cream with vegetables and more...
For the sauce.. 100g anchovies in oil.. 100g olive oil.. 12 cloves of garlic.. 1 cup milk.. 200g of cream
The accompaniment.. Mixed colored peppers.. Celery.. Green and White Asparagus.. Jerusalem artichoke ( not neccessary ).. Carrots.. Boiled potatoes.. Endive.. Lean beef into cubes (preferably fillet).. Croutons
- Soak the garlic in milk an hour to soften it
- Slow fire a small saucepan to cook the anchovies with the oil and the drained cloves ofgarlic
- Wait for the time necessary to form a thick creamy sauce
- Add the cream and whisk well
- Bring the cream on the stove and finish cooking for about twentyminutes
- Meanwhile peal all the vegetables and immerse them in ice water tokeep them crispy
- Boil the potatoes and cut into cubes
- Cut the beef into centemeter cubes
Arrange in a serving dish the ingredients with the cream in a bowl (better heated by a candle) in the centerof the dish. The Bagna Cauda should be served hot.- Bagna cauda cream can be kept perfectly in the fridge fora few days and heated at the time of serving and it goes great with canapésand appetizers, grilled meats or with any dish you can imagine
- Excellent with full bodied white wines (arneis) or young red (sweet)
This is also the first recipe in the book that will come out in October.